NOTE: I had some another place that I blog and I decided to delete it, but I wanted to keep the memories. So I’m combining everything on to this blog.
It’s been a long time coming…I think
Monday, March 16, 2009
I get a bit confused about what I wrote on my myspace blog and what I put in a facebook note. So here is a sample of the last 6 months of my life. In the past couple of months, I have:
- Traveled around the middle of Italy, the seaport of Croatia, and to Medjurgorje.
- Survived working with Stella and at SEV.
- Had my heart bruised and somewhat hurt.
- Been frustrated with the way that the world works.
- Spent Christmas in Texas for the first time in countless number of years.
- Spent New Year’s Eve with friends.
- Tried to OD on rock shows, Tex-Mex, and boba before returning to Korea.
- Sold a lot of books and still had a small library.
- Had a meltdown in Japan – I think it’s because I’m Korean.
- Ran into a fellow RPCV from stage in Peace Corps Morocco while in the Incheon airport.
- Remembered why I dislike all American airlines, except for Southwest.
- Spent time with friends I haven’t seen in like 3 years.
- Sold my car.
- Caught on most of the American television that I’ve missed in the last 5 years.
- Tried to send everyone that I could think of a Christmas card (in Korean, of course).
- Lost about 40 pounds in weight limits on international flights between Korea and the States.
- Started to do daily Rosaries, honestly.
- Reread a good portion of my books in my personal library.
- GUILTY SECRET: Read the Twilight books and they’re worse than adult romance books.
- Forgot to get a t-shirt from Connie and David.
- Got called “Aunt Carrot” by one of my nephews, even though “Eun Sook emo” and “Karen” are easy to say, but not “Aunt Karen.”
- Embarrassed myself while attempting to get over #3.
- Moved back to Korea.
- Now teaching at an public elementary school in Song-pa.
- Moved in to a new apartment.
- Moved all my stuff that I had stored around Seoul into my new apartment.
- Started laughing more.
- Was told that I was a terrible dresser and I need to go on reality tv to learn how to dress, wear makeup, and get my hair done properly.
- Decided to go to Russia for vacation this year.
- Tried to let go, especially of past hurts.
- Was told that I wasn’t Christian.
- Voted for McCain and got Obama instead.
- Thought about getting a “What the FOCA” t-shirt but it was too expensive and I only had 100 pounds free on my ticket.
- Probably needs to go through ESL classes again.
- Still haven’t seen Breaking Benjamins live.