NOTE: I had some another place that I blog and I decided to delete it, but I wanted to keep the memories. So I’m combining everything on to this blog.
My Texas Vacation
Thursday, February 26, 2009
So since some people will be curious/interested in my vacation here are the highlights of things that I experienced, saw, enjoyed, really disliked about being back in Texas the last two months. Enjoy or don’t enjoy, it’s up to you.
- I loved the wide variety of food. And yes I had Tex-Mex alot.
- Yes, you can be a tourist in your own city and with your friends. Especially if they lead busy lives.
- And it can be extremely frustrating to try and keep the barage of information on the changes straight that everyone has experienced. I may ask for a bunch of powerpoint presentations next time.
- But it was still great to catch with everything that was/is going on in their lives.
- I didn’t visit as many museums as I thought that I would have.
- I enjoyed baking more than I have ever before, mostly likely because it’ll be a while before I get the chance to bake again.
- Going to rock shows with Zharleen was great because we pretty much have the same taste in rock and anytime she says that the band is good, I know to believe her.
- It’s frustrating when people try to talk me into doing things because I’m not the same person that they knew before.
- On one hand it was nice not to drive but it’s annoying to have to look for rides places. At least my friends like to go to Mass and out to eat.
- I forgot how much I liked Chickfila.
- Tex-Mex and southern style barbeque never tasted so good in my life.
- Yes, I still had Korean food, while I was here. How Korean, am I?
- I spent many hours reading through my library and it was extremely enjoyable.
- Somehow I’m leaving without a shirt from Connie and David.
- Somehow I didn’t meet Popple and I’m really not sure how that exactly happened.
- America is no longer expensive to me.
- It was interesting how many people that I met that had lived or worked in countries that I have lived or visited and how much I could remember of that language.
- Mass at Holy Rosary is what Mass should be like.
- I’m in America and I still can find Wonder Girls and their dance moves.
- Christmas in America is like nothing else in the world.
- I didn’t take as many pictures as I thought that I would have.
- What was the channel that I was supposed to be able to watch NHL games, I looked hard and I still couldn’t find it. That made me sad. I was only able to watch the Winter Classic. That made me sadder.
- In some ways American television (actual shows, not reality junk) has gotten better (actors, writing, direction), but they’re all procedural shows, except for BSG, The Office, Firday Night Lights, and the stuff on CW.
- I saw only two movies while I was here and I don’t think that any of them were up for awards this year.
- I really don’t like the abundance of celebrity dirt/news/reality shows.
- Galveston makes me sad to see everything that’s still affected by Ike.
- For some reason, I watched a lot of trailers for upcoming movies, I really want to see GI Joe, Transformers 2, Race to Witch Mountain, the Soloist, Fast and the Furious, Gigantic, X-Men Wolverince Origins, Terminator Salvation, My Sister’s Keeper, Harry Potter 6, Game, Fame, Brothers At War, Duplicity
- It is a bit boring to be the only one not working or studying especially if you don’t have a car.
- I miss not being an “exotic”.
- In addition to Eun Sook, Karen, Karina, Katya, Karrie, I will also now answer to Aunt Carrot.